Home Chi sono Tutte le ricette. Più o meno in ordine Fonti di ispirazione Vuoi scrivermi? English Version

Citrus Powder

Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Citrus Powder

In the last hours of winter, I too have fallen in the trap of this colorful powder. It's become so popular that it's almost boring.
Oh yeah, I've put that thing in it, that orange powder, you know?
And yet the scent is so incredibly good that you'd add it everywhere, on vegetables cooked and raw, in soups and in salads, on fish and meat, in cookies and pastry creams. As for me, right now I'm keeping it as a little treasure, and every once in a while I give a little sniff just to brighten up the day. An orange pick-me-up, pocket size.

Meanwhile, I take the opportunity to say goodbye and take few days off. Armed with this magic potion, I ask for vacation to my own blog. Side effects of the modern world.

Oh, I almost forgot, the so-called recipe: take few organic oranges (or lemons), wash and dry them well, and then peel them, paying attention to leave out the white part - or at least to leave it out as much as possible. Place the citrus peel on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and let it dry in the oven at the minimum temperature. It will take about one, one and a half hour. When peels are crunchy, process them in a food processor until very fine. And voila', your little powder is ready to use.

Post a Comment